Monday, September 12, 2011

PARK(ing) Day Performance in Berkeley this Friday

There's no such thing as a free lunch...but there is FREE DANCING AT LUNCHTIME!!! 

This Friday around noon, at Allston and Shattuck in downtown Berkeley, across from BART. We'll be performing "in a delicate way, without being beautiful." (that's a title...not a descriptor) with some awesome Bay Area artists!

The PARK(ing) Day Dance Festival is part of Nina Haft & Company's contribution to a now worldwide event. Check out their blog: http://ninahaftandcompany.wordpress.com/dancing-in-the-streets-with-friends/

A temporary PARK in San Francisco by event originators Rebar. Check out http://parkingday.org/about-parking-day/


I am so enamored by the concept of this event: leasing some urban real estate by paying the meter of a parking spot in order to create public space for art, play, and community activity rather than vehicle storage. Totally groovy and has already changed the way I look at parking spots as I drive by and wonder...Ooh the possibilities ;)

<3 Claire

2 comments:

  1. Think "Ooohhh the Possibilities" in everything you encounter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will most definitely try! I love when my attention is specifically drawn to the potential for new uses of things I take for granted in everyday life. One of the many ways art changes you =)

    ReplyDelete